Happy Earth Day everyone! This year marks the 44th annual celebration of Earth Day, and we’ve all made a lot of progress towards becoming more environmentally friendly. In fact, according to Reader’s Digest, 1 out of every 3.3 Americans considers themselves environmentally conscious, and 1 out of every 2.3 Americans recycle. Though some have considered the environmental movement to be just a fad, it is clear that many more of us are concerned with the impact we have on the environment.
With the arrival and recognition of Benefit Corporations, even corporate law is changing to accommodate our growing environmental and social consciousness! Benefit Corporations are for-profit companies that wish to pursue a social and environmental mission, even if that mission cuts into their profit. We here at MyCorp are huge fans of B-Corporations, and to celebrate Earth Day we thought it’d be fun to take a look back at some of our blog’s most interesting, and informative, Benefit Corporation-related posts.
- Never heard of a Benefit Corporation? MyCorp released a handy infographic to help explain the background of Benefit Corporations, and why they are such an important new entity.
- If you’re looking for creative ways to further your environmental mission, our guest blogger Kristina Jackson was kind enough to give us her 7 tips on how to further your green agenda through social media.
- Trying to figure out if your business can go green? Check out this post by guest writer Clint Robertson on the 6 unlikely industries entrepreneurs can go green in!
- If a Benefit Corporation sounds like something you are interested in, we can help get you get it set up and running. Our CEO Deborah Sweeney even wrote a post on how to run a Benefit Corporation!
- Even if you’re not ready to commit to running a Benefit Corporation, you can still work to do your part and reduce your impact on the environment. Our guest blogger Kandace Heller recommended six ways you can reduce your business’s waste.
Have any questions about Benefit Corporations? Thinking about forming your own? Leave a comment below, or give us a call at 1-877-692-6772, and we’ll be happy to help you out!