We’re onto one of the trickier letters of the alphabet today in our ABC’s of small business segment, but it couldn’t be paired better than with the foreign qualification which answers the question of what a small business should do if they want to legally operate their business in a state that may not be the same one they created the formation in.

Foreign qualifications break down a little like this. If a business wants to operate outside of the state that they formed a formation with, they need to register their business as a foreign corporation in order to obtain that kind of authority. And in many cases, this is a requirement, especially if your company expects to transact business outside of the state lines that they were formed in.

By registering their business, and working alongside a company that can help them file, all foreign qualifications documents are prepped for your review and submission to the appropriate state agency in any state so that your corporation or LLC may operate as a foreign entity within that state.

Still have further questions (that’s our second “Q” reference, turns out it’s not a tricky ABC of small business after all!) about filing a foreign qualification? Give us a call at 1 (877) 692-6772 and we can help you get started!