Arizona might be nicknamed the “Grand Canyon State,” but it is also known for its large amount of copper production. Since the state’s discovery in 1854, copper mining was Arizona’s premier industry until the 1950s. Even today, Arizona continues to be known as the leading state in copper production!
Beyond copper, there are plenty of advantages available to entrepreneurs interested in starting a business in Arizona. If that sounds like you, take a look at these tips for getting started incorporating.
1. Businesses that assume of the form of corporations, non-profit organizations, partnerships or limited liability companies must register with the Arizona Secretary of State. All forms, information and questions can be found on the Arizona Secretary of State
2. Ready to file for Trade Names and Trademarks? Online filing has now been implemented with PDF forms no longer accepted. The current filing timeframe is roughly 2 to 3 weeks for processing.
3. If you’re registering a trademark, you must provide an image or logo of the mark along with a written description that describes, as accurately as possible, the kind of mark you’re registering. For trademarks that are just words, make a note to indicate this in the online application and an image of the words you want to trademark.
4. All LLCs must be filed through the Arizona Corporate Commission, not through the Secretary of State. It’s important to note that only this separate agency can assist you with further questions as the Arizona Secretary of State cannot answer questions about the filing process for a corporation or LLC.
5. When filing, you also need to fill out a Notary Public Application and completed notary bond. The standard application fee is $43, and if you wish to expedite this process there is an additional $25 fee.
If starting a business here interests you but you still don’t know where to start first, reach out to the U.S. Small Business Administration Office to explore their counseling services or schedule a consultation. Stay connected with all the latest updates from the Arizona Secretary of State’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
Ready to start a small business in Arizona? Give us a call at 1(877) 692-6772 or visit us at mycorporation.com if you have any questions about forming a business or the regulations required.
Welcome back to the 50 States of Incorporation, Rebooted where we share what it takes to start a business in each of the 50 states. Join us biweekly for advice on how to start an LLC or corporation across the United States.