Entrepreneurs everywhere have a little more than just turkey on the brain right about now… Small Business Saturday is just days away!
Here at MyCorp we’re celebrating by teaming up with Webiquity to give our customers a free domain name! Just make sure you have your MyCorp sign-up coupon code (if you’re not sure what that is, ask your sales rep for one and they’ll help you out!).
We wanted to know how other small businesses were planning to celebrate this Saturday so we asked around. Here’s what our experts had to say…
1. “Because our fur hats and accessories are the perfect Christmas gift, for Small Business Saturday we are going to offer to our clients the option of high quality gift boxes designed for Christmas. We are also offering to Print customized messages on the boxes (e.g. To my beloved husband, With love from Anne). And all of that is free of charge, and applicable to all items in the store. In addition, we will also offer holiday discounts for most of the store’s
merchandise.” –Ostap Bosak, Royal Fur
2. “I started my small business as a Virtual Assistant (VA) to support other small businesses! I began promoting Small Business Saturday online the beginning of November. I am celebrating Small Business Saturday with a new product launch to help small businesses promote new products, services, and important business announcements, and offering a free white paper! Of course, I’ll also be shopping and dining local.” –Melissa St. Clair, Paper Chaser
3. “I am a huge advocate of shopping small and built my entire business around showcasing the best and highest quality items from small businesses. To celebrate, I’m ditching the traditional Black Friday sales and offering my customers $5 off every gift box on Small Business Saturday as well as free shipping on my Holiday Gift Box (which launches 11/17)! I am also going to be featuring some of the business owners that have products in my Holiday Gift Box.” –Jessica Brown, Frosting & Fringe Gifts
4. “Small Business Saturday is an opportunity for me to elevate my business while helping other entrepreneurs and small business owners do the same. I will be offering my own digital products, including one-on-one consultations, online courses and business planning workbooks. I’m also hosting a Pass the Cast event on Persicope for business owners to
promote their products and services to an interested audience via livestreaming.” –Moniek James, moniekjames.com
5. “For the weeks leading up to small business Saturday I will be cross-promoting my business with cards, brochures and flyers in complementary businesses’ locations. For the week of I will run daily promotions via email. Last but not least, for the day of I will offer up to 50% off of all products on my website.” –Ashley Lounds-Brooks, Live By Faith Brand
6. “I will be starting “Business Showcase of the Week” on Small Business Saturday, which will feature a local business owner every week. The Showcase will include a short bio, photo of the business owner, and will be posted on Facebook, Twitter, ect.. This will allow the business owner to obtain additional exposure outside of their current social networks.” –Gina Riley, ClearView Accounting Solutions
7. “Scott’s Marketplace is a Neighborhood Champion for Small Business Saturday this year as well as a Small Business Saturday Coalition Member.
For Small Business Saturday, Scott’s Marketplace has organized the following campaigns:
– A site-wide sale for participating stores. Consumers will receive $10 OFF an order of $40 or more at participating Scott’s Marketplace stores
– A giveaway for small business owners. One grand prize winner will win the book #AskGaryVee, an entrepreneurial guidance book from Gary Vaynerchuk and Small Business Saturday swag. Other winners will win Small Business Saturday swag.” –Stephanie Riel, Scott’s Marketplace
8. “It is the time for gift giving, so Crumbolicious is donating 5% of all online sales for Small Business Saturday to Island Harvest. Island Harvest is the largest hunger relief organization on Long Island.” –Dolores Oesterle, Crumbolicious Inc.
9. ”Even though we work with over five thousand small businesses to help get their promotions out for Small Business Saturday, we’re a small business ourselves. We celebrate by doing social media giveaways for our fans of hard-to-find Christmas presents; this year it’s the Hatchanimal. Another piece of it is celebrating internally–this will be our eighth year in business in a very competitive market so we think it’s important to take a breath the heart of our busiest season to acknowledge our own hard work.” –Mike Catania, Promotion Code
10. “For #SmallBusinessSaturday, Hour To Midnight Escape Room is hosting local vendors, photographers, and musicians for a fun #ShopSmall event! We’ll have a welcome booth and a #Selfie Scavenger Hunt, sending participants to neighboring small businesses to complete their challenge! We’ll also be running a 50% off special for that day only to play our Escape Room!” –Thomas Johnson, Hour to Midnight Escape Rooms
11. “For Small Business Saturday I am offering something very special for new clients! Buy Three Coaching Calls, Get Three FREE. That is six coaching calls total for $225 ONLY. This price and offer are truly unique and a sizzling deal. I want to encourage female entrepreneurs to take this first step towards success in their business by providing this incredible deal.” –Vanessa Kromer Female Entrepreneur Success + Life Coaching
12. “We hold our once-a-year sale on Small Business Saturday, offering our customers an across-the-website discount. Additionally, that is the day that we open up enrollment for our exclusive Seasonal Scent Crew. We enjoy making the day all about the customer, and we make sure that we’re available via email and social media to answer any questions and ensure a delightful, smooth shopping experience.” –Carrie Seibert, Soap Commander, LLC
13. “For small business Saturday I have teamed up with a few local small businesses to host a pretty unique scavenger hunt. The prizes will included coupon codes, free goodies and sample products from all our businesses. It’s a great way to get small business owner connected and provide a memorable experience to our local residence. Small business is the heart of America and doing whatever we can to ensure it survives for the next generation is very important to our country.” –Lisa Chu, Black N Bianc
14. “For Small Business Saturday, we’re having free shipping starting November 20th until Christmas.” – Charmaine Weems, leveledeyes.com
15. “We are so excited to celebrate Small Business Saturday this year! All items in our online shop will be discounted 20% off and we are also offering free shipping to all of those in our VIP E-Club. We will have free gift wrapping options on each listing to make the holidays a little easier for our customers. Can’t wait to see everyone online!” –Arianna DiMatteo, Aria Bella Candles
16. “I’m offering $101 off of a Pottying Package, which is personalized support of how to potty train (18+ months), or practice elimination communication (0-18 months) with your child. A Pottying Package, normally priced $500, will be $399 and offer 30-days of beginning-to-finish potty support in the form of videos, emails and additional resources.” –Michelle Swaney, The Potty School
17. “For Small Business Saturday we’re helping promote our clients on our social media channels. As a small business financing provider we pride ourselves on having great relationships with our clients. We’ll give shout outs to those that agree to be promoted on our Twitter and Facebook page.” –Min Fang, Harper Partners
18. “For Entrepreneur and Small Business Saturday, we’re offering a free $20 gift with any $60 purchase. A site-wide sale may also be in the works.” –Brittany & Ryan Lane, Dream Beard
19. “At TutorRoom.co.uk we will be offering a promotion for SBS whereby we will be increasing our trial period from 7 days to one full month! We hope this shows not only our commitment to Small Business Saturday, but also our dedication to customer service. The longer trial should enable us to prove to our customers that TutorRoom is a vital resource for all students.” -Viren Mahtani, TutorRoom
20. “McCrea’s Candies, a maker of small-batch, handcrafted luxe caramel, has chosen to celebrate Plaid Friday instead of Small Business Saturday. Plaid Friday is a celebration of small independent businesses. In honor of the event, we are offering ten-percent off any online purchase of our award-winning caramel.” –Diane Parazin, McCrea’s Candies
21. “I love Small Business Saturday. As a small business person myself, my purchase decisions are heavily weighted by cost. Like many, I have an assumption that small, local suppliers will be more expensive than online resources. WRONG.
This year we have developed many new products requiring new suppliers to support our plans. To our great surprise, we have found the best prices are right around the corner NOT online. Additionally, the quality is BETTER and the turnaround time is FASTER than online services.
So, as I think about AMEX’s effort to entice consumers to their local businesses this coming Saturday, I want to make a case to each of us to re-examine our daily business purchasing patterns. Look Local; you might find a lovely surprise too.” –Cecilia Lynch, Focused Momentum®
22. “In our lovely historic resort town of Lake Geneva, WI we can boast that we have many independent retail merchants that have been in business over 40 plus years. We are a healthy, vibrant downtown with numerous unique shops and great eateries. We are favored by local clientele and those who are envious not to have this great selection in their own communities. Come out and see why Small Business Saturday in Lake Geneva is a must do on Saturday, November 26!” –Beverly Leonard, Delaney Street Mercantile
Looking to start your own business? Need trademark or copyright help? How about a Registered Agent? Give us a call at 877 692 6772, or visit us at www.MyCorporation.com.