Our customers know that we’re in the business of helping entrepreneurs, but what exactly does that entail? Here are just a few great services we offer to small business owners!
What are the most popular business services from MyCorporation?
1. Incorporation Formation
One of our most popular entities is incorporating as a corporation. Prices start at $99 plus state fees. Choosing to incorporate has three primary benefits:
- Liability Protection: Forming a corporation draws a line between personal and business assets. It helps protect your personal assets from risks or debts associated with running a business. This means if the business can’t pay a creditor or gets sued, the creditor cannot legally come after the member’s personal belongings such as a house or car.
- Management Options: If you form a corporation, the owners of the corporation are called shareholders. The directors are responsible for long-term management. They make the major decisions regarding the corporation. The officers are responsible for day to day operational activities of the corporation. They usually consist of the President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Control: You may choose to incorporate your business to raise capital and offer stock options to employees. Incorporating a business allows for unlimited shareholders (not applicable to S-Corps).
2. LLC Formation
Forming an LLC is another popular legal entity. With a limited liability company (LLC) you get to secure your personal assets through liability protection, deduct certain expenses you wouldn’t get to otherwise, reduce your risk of audit, and save on taxes. Our LLC formation services start at just $99 plus state fees. With our document filing services, you know exactly what you need, what you are getting and how much it all costs from the very beginning.
Nonprofit corporations are another popular entity formation we provide (also starting at $99). For our charitably minded entrepreneurs, nonprofits seem to be the way to go. Starting a nonprofit corporation has the following benefits:
- A nonprofit corporation provides liability protection. Separation of business and personal assets of the owners is critical. A nonprofit corporation creates the separation of these assets while serving as a public purpose.
- The nonprofit corporation creates the legal framework for businesses to offer services for the general good. Forming a nonprofit corporation is much like creating a regular corporation. The primary difference is nonprofit corporations must take the extra steps of applying for tax-exempt status with the IRS and their state tax division.
- If the business qualifies for tax exempt status, the nonprofit corporation will not have to pay tax on certain income. Nonprofit corporations must still pay employment taxes, but in some states may be exempt from paying sales tax. Nonprofits may also have to pay ‘unrelated business income taxes’ if the income is not substantially related to the charitable purpose
4. Benefit Corporation Formation
The benefit corporation (sometimes referred to as a B Corporation) is a perfect mix between a standard corporation and nonprofit. Unlike traditional corporations, benefit corporations have an underlying purpose of meeting social and environmental goals, and committing to higher standards of purpose, transparency and accountability. You also get the issuance of stock in your company and the ability to establish credibility with customers. Form a B Corporation with us for $99 plus state fees.
5. Employer Identification Number (EIN)
After forming your business, you’ll need to apply for employer identification number (EIN). An EIN is a nine-digit number that is issued by the IRS. It is used to uniquely identify employer tax accounts. Our filing experts make filing your EIN application quick and easy. Complete an EIN application for $79.
6. Annual Report
Corporations and LLCs must report to the state information about business activities, business locations, and current contact information for owners/managers. Most states require this information be updated annually. By submitting an annual report (sometimes called Statement of Information), entrepreneurs may meet this filing requirement. With our annual report filing service, we accurately file your annual report to keep you in good standing, remind you if you miss a filing, and take care of all the necessary paperwork that comes along with the process. Let us take care of things for you for $99 plus state fees.
7. Trademark Filing
Small businesses which file a trademark application and register it with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) can protect their identity and prevent others from using their registered mark. Owning a trademark also helps customers easily identify goods and services in the marketplace.
8. Copyright Filing
By filing a copyright with MyCorporation, you will:
- Claim ownership and protect your original works from infringement or distribution by others.
- Control duplication and distribution of your product.
- Provide a public record of the copyright claim.
Register a copyright starting at $99.
9. Registered Agent Service
Most states require businesses to maintain a registered agent in the state of formation. This may be an individual or third-party service designated by your corporation or LLC. A registered agent (RA) accepts legal and official documents on behalf of your business. This could include documents such as franchise tax notices, annual reports , official legal notices such as a court summons, and more. With our registered agent service, we can provide your corporation or LLC with a registered agent in any of the 50 states, starting at $120.
Lastly, we provide a dissolution service for those businesses that have run their course and need to close. When you dissolve a small business with us you will be able to:
- Formally close your business with the state of incorporation.
- Avoid paying unnecessary taxes and annual state fees.
- Prevent late fees and additional charges.
- Dissolve online for $129.
Have any questions, or want to get started with one of our services? Give us a call at 1877-692-6772, or visit us at mycorporation.com today!