Our customers know that we’re in the business of helping entrepreneurs, but what exactly does that entail? Well, we offer a ton of great services that aid small business owners! In today’s MyCorp FAQs post, we’ve compiled our top ten services. Starting with…
One of our most popular entities is the Incorporation, starting at $69. An Incorporation has three main benefits:
- Liability protection like an LLC: Forming a corporation draws a line between personal and business assets, helping protect your personal assets from risks or debts associated with running a business. This means that if the business can’t pay a creditor or gets sued, the creditor cannot legally come after the member’s personal assets such as a house or car.
- Management: The owners of the corporation are called shareholders. The directors are responsible for long-term management and made the major decisions regarding the corporation. The officers are responsible for day to day operational activities of the corporation and usually consist of the President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Control: You may choose to incorporate your business to raise capital and offer stock options to employees. Incorporating a business allows for unlimited shareholders (not applicable to S-Corps).
Like the Incorporation, an LLC is another crowd favorite. With an LLC you get to secure your personal assets through liability protection, deduct certain expenses you wouldn’t get to otherwise, reduce your risk of audit, and save on taxes. Our limited liability company (LLC) formation services start at just $69 (plus required government fees). Lawyers charge, on an average, over $200 per hour. With our document filing services, you know exactly what you need, what you are getting and how much it all costs from the very beginning.
Non-Profit Corporations are another popular product of ours (also starting at $69). For our charitably minded entrepreneurs, non profits seem to be the way to go. Filing a Non-Profit has the following benefits:
- A Non-Profit Corporation provides liability protection. Separation of business and personal assets of the owners is critical. A Non-Profit Corporation provides for the separation of these assets while serving as a public purpose.
- The Non-Profit Corporation creates the legal framework for business to offer services for the general good. Forming a nonprofit corporation is much like creating a regular corporation, except that Non-profit Corporations must take the extra steps of applying for tax-exempt status with the IRS and their state tax division.
- If the business qualifies for tax exempt status, the Non-Profit Corporation will not have to pay tax on certain income. Non-Profit Corporations must still pay employment taxes, but in some states may be exempt from paying sales tax. Non-profits may also have to pay ‘unrelated business income taxes’ if the income is not substantially related to the charitable purpose.
And then there’s the B Corporation- a perfect mix between a standard Corporation and Non-Profit. Unlike traditional corporations, B-Corporations have an underlying purpose of meeting social and environmental goals, and committing to higher standards of purpose, transparency and accountability. But you also get the issuance of stock in your company and the ability to establish credibility with customers. Form a B Corporation with us for $69.
5. MyCorp Vault
Starting a business is a huge ordeal, but once all of the initial paperwork’s been filed an processed, there’s plenty more to take care of during the duration of your business. We’ll store your documents for you and you can access them whenever you need to. Just think: You’re in need of a loan, and you’re at the bank opening a bank account, you’re meeting with your attorney or accountant. You need access to your documents. And it’s not easy to keep track of everything. This is your solution. We’ll upload the documents we work on for you – your articles of incorporation or LLC documents. We’ll also upload your minutes and bylaws, your operating agreement and all of the annual reporting documents that we file on your behalf. This service starts at $24 per year.
Corporations and LLCs must report to the state information about business activities, business locations, and current contact information for owners/managers. Most states require this information be updated annually. By submitting the Annual Report (sometimes called Statement of Information), this filing requirement is met. With our annual report filing service, we accurately file your annual report to keep you in good standing, remind you if you miss a filing, and take care of all the necessary paperwork that comes along with the process. Let us take care of things for you for $59.
By filing a trademark application and registering it with the United States Patent and Trademark Office ( USPTO ), a business can help protect their identity and prevent others from using their mark. Owning a trademark also helps customers easily identify goods and services in the marketplace. We’ll file your Trademark application for $149.
By filing a Copyright with us, you will:
- Claim ownership and protect your original works from plagiarism
- Control duplication and distribution of your product
- Gain the ability to legally protect your copyright
This service starts at $99.
Most states require businesses to maintain a registered agent in the formation state, individual, or entity designated by your corporation or LLC, to accept legal and official documents on behalf of your business. This could include, but is not limited to, documents such as franchise tax notices, annual reports , official legal notices such as a court summons, and more. We can provide your corporation or LLC with a registered agent in any of the 50 states, starting at $120.
Lastly, we provide a dissolution service for those businesses that have run their course. When you dissolve with us you get to:
- Formally close your business with the state of incorporation
- Avoid paying unnecessary taxes and annual state fees
- Prevent late fees and additional charges
- Dissolve online for $99
Have any questions, or want to get started with one of our services? Give us a call at 1877-692-6772, or visit us at www.MyCorporation.com today!